The INCompliance attorneys and consultants have provided
consulting and compliance services to health care facilities,
insurance companies and other non-profit and for-profit businesses
across the nation. Some of our work in these areas include:
- Developing and advising on the implementation of programs for
audit committees to comply with their obligations under the
engagement letter with the outside auditor and under applicable
laws, including Sarbanes-Oxley governing public companies and audit
rules of insurance and other regulators.
- Designing and advising on the implementation of processes for
the compensation committees of tax-exempt organizations to comply
with the requirements for the rebuttable presumption from
Intermediate Sanctions under federal tax laws.
- Serving as board secretary to boards of directors, including
drafting minutes and retaining pertaining to proceedings of the
board and its committees, and as corporate secretary to
organizations helping to maintain their required corporate
- Designing and conducting programs for boards of directors and
management for both continuing education as to their roles, duties
and functions as well as special education as to specific best
practices or satisfying specific legal obligations.
- Evaluating the current expertise and experience of boards and
management, identifying missing gaps in such expertise and
experience, and helping to search for, recruit and screen
candidates for the board or management or an advisory board to
satisfy those gaps.
- Evaluating recently completed transactions, such as a merger or
acquisition, that are likely to be repeated and to assist the board
and management to evaluate what went well and what could be
- Developing compliance programs for over 30 hospitals and
long-term care facilities and providing follow-up training,
auditing and general oversight.
- Assisting over 200 hospitals, physician offices, insurance
companies and self-insured businesses and long-term care facilities
with development of their HIPAA privacy and security policies and
procedures and providing training and ongoing monitoring.
- Conducting HIPAA compliance audits for numerous health plans
and health care systems. Our audit experience includes complete
reviews of written policies and procedures, comparison of HIPAA
policies and procedures with operational policies and procedures to
identify inconsistencies, testing whether the workforce understands
and follows the policies and procedures, audits of business
associate relationships and documentation, and focused audits in
response to identified compliance issues.
- Conducting breach investigations for health plans and health
care systems, and assisting with the development of mitigation
- Conducting both general and targeted live customized HIPAA
training for over 300 health plans, health care systems, physician
groups and other health care providers and business